[REVIEW] CosRX Apple Zone Power Patch

No Comments
Review of CosRX Apple Zone Power Patch

*UPDATE* THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED*

"The apple zone is easily exposed to irritants, stressed out, and is very prone to blemishes. Take care of your apple zone with a boost of health and the natural power it needs. The Apple Zone Power Patch restores energy and elasticity within the skin while replenishing moisture and nutrients and brightening to transform the whole complexion. So power up with the Apple Zone Power Patch today for more radiant, healthy glowing beauty!"   - Wish Trend
___________________________
Features :
"1. Vegetable moisture and elasticity enhancer makes the skin more Vitalized, smooth, and cute. 
2. Delivers nutrients and moisture to even remote parts. 
3. Yeast and Galactomyces boost skin reform."
___________________________
Since CosRX is a brand that is well known for its effectiveness and yet affordable price, I wanted to try out some products from the brand that isn't as popular as the others, which is why I purchased this! The company's social networks were newly promoting the mask so it is no surprise not many people have reviewed it yet. 

Basically, this 'patch' is specifically used for the 'apple zone', or cheeks of the face, and is used to relieve any redness since that area of the face, is more vulnerable to stress and prone is acne. I have redness on the sides of my face, so I thought I should give this product a try. Because of its high price of around $16 for four patch sachets, I should assume these patches would do wonders.
___________________________
Directions :
1) After cleansing, dry the face and apply toner if wanted.
2) Remove the white film from the patch and place the T-shaped Apple Zone Power Patch under the eye area. 
3) Remove the Apple Zone Power Patch after about 20-30 minutes and lightly tap the area to assist full absorption.
___________________________
Duration of use :
4 uses
___________________________
Application :
The patches are hydrogel instead of cotton masks. Since these patches are only made for the 'apple zone' of the face, they come in small sizes. When I placed them on my face, they stuck pretty well since they are hydrogel based. What I noticed is that they lacked a good amount of essence. Like I only felt the mask itself on my face, but not much wetness with it. After taking the patches off after 20 minutes, I can't say I found it really moisturized my skin at all or did anything beneficial.
___________________________
Ingredients :
Water, Glycerin, Ceratonia Siliqua Gum, Butylene Glycol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Adenosine, Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Jasminum Officinale (jasmine) Extract, Verbena Officinalis Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch hazel) Extract, Allantoin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Cellulose Gum, Mannan, Sodium Anisate, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance

Analysis of ingredients can be found here.

Glycerin : A type of humectant that is present in all-natural lipids; this common ingredient is used to moisturize the skin.
Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate - a form of yeast known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
Bifida Ferment Lysate - known for its ability to decrease skin sensitivity and repair the skin barrier (source)
Chondrus Crispus - According to CosDNA, this ingredient is rated 5 on being the highest level of being an irritant and acne triggering ingredient. Chondrus Crispus is used to control the overall thickness of a product. The main property is its ability to protect the skin against UV rays, thus why this product's claim mentions the mask is good against UV damage on the skin.
___________________________
Scent :
It has a faint, but noticeable floral scent.
___________________________
Thoughts :
Looking at this product's price and the number of patches given, I would assume these masks would be high-quality products from CosRX. But in my experience, they are a bit disappointing. When using the patches, they covered a small section of my face that contains redness. I couldn't feel any essence from using the product, and didn't feel much moisture between the mask and my skin. After the 20 minutes of wearing it, I assumed I would see my 'apple zone' being brighter, and the redness would be much reduced. But no. I saw and felt no difference from using this product.

The ingredient list is pretty long compared to other CosRX products. Another reason I would not buy this product again or recommend to anyone is the ingredient "Chondrus Crispus" which is highly comedogenic and irritating for the skin. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first product from CosRX to add synthetic fragrance to their product. I broke out the day after this mask, but I can't be sure if it was solely due to this reason.

This product should be much improved, starting with the amount of essence in each sachet. Face sheets are practical because of the essence they contain. But with this mask, I can't say it absorbed much essence to be able to do anything for the skin. The only thing I felt wearing this mask is the hydro-gel itself. After five minutes of wearing it, the patches lost its moisture and had a hard time sticking to my face. 
ProsCons
- pretty packaging- poor ingredient list
- lack of essence
- ineffective
- expensive for four sachets of patches
Overall Score
Application                     5
Ingredients                    4
4.8
Scent                               7
Packaging                     7
Effectiveness               1
Where to buy?
ShopPriceLocation
Amazon$10.59Korea
Jolse$15.98Korea
___________________________
Repurchase : No
Complete My Seoul

                      



back to top