[REVIEW] MIZON ALL-IN-ONE SNAIL REPAIR CREAM

No Comments
Review of Mizon All-in-One Snail Repair Cream
“The All-In-One Snail Repair Cream hydrates, helps improve the appearance of fine lines, and helps reduce the appearance of acne scarring and blemishes. Try it to see what all the buzz is about. Ideal for oily and acne-prone to combination skin types. Appropriate for dry skin if used under a heavier cream.”      - Mizon


I obtained this product from Peach and Lily, an online shop that sells Asian skin care products similar to Jolse that is located in United States. This is my first experience shopping with them and quite frankly, I would rather not buy my products there again. I find that the product’s high markups are not worth the fast shipping, so I’d rather be patient in receiving my package to have it cost less.

This is another snail product that I have been using recently along with my CosRX Snail Essence and CosRX All in One Cream. The reason I wanted to try this product out is because it is one of the most popular snail products ever. I’ve seen Youtubers and Bloggers rave about this products that it made me curious about its effects for me.
___________________________
Directions: 
At your first skincare step, apply proper amount of it to over face and let it be absorbed into deep skin.”
___________________________
Duration of use: 
September 12, 2015 ~ December 1, 2015
___________________________
Application: 
It’s like a gel, but a little slimier. When applied it has a cooling effect on the skin. It absorbs very, very fast into the skin. However being gel-like, it’s not very moisturizing. I had to apply a second layer onto the skin in order to get some more moisture in. The following nights I put a thick layer on and just let it absorb. It leaves my skin feeling very refreshed. It should be great for oily skin, or if you don’t like your skin looking and feeling like an oil spill. The only other snail product I’ve used is Benton’s Snail Bee Steam Cream, and I can say that one is heavier and being more like a cream, takes longer to absorb.
___________________________
Ingredients :
Snail Secretion Filtrate, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Butylene Glycol, Peg/ppg-17/6 Copolymer, Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Polyacrylate, Caprylyl Glyocol, Adenosine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tropolone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Betula Platyphylla Japonica Juice, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Artemisia Absinthium Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Copper Tripeptide-1, Rh-oligopeptide-1, Propylene Glycol, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Beta-glucan, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Disodium Edta


Expires on September 2, 2017
According to the ingredients analysis, the product contains rather...a lot of comedogenic ingredients, meaning ingredients that are likely to clog pores and cause breakouts. The comedogenic ingredients include cetearyl alcohol, stearic acid, hydrogenic vegetable oil (rated highest on potential acne trigger), dimethicone, triethanolamine, and butylene glycol. Due to the ingredients used in the formulation, I highly recommend those who want to try this product out to first patch test this on a small part of their face to see if any issues arise.

Snail secretion filtrate : Snail secretion filtrate is known for its anti-aging and skin repairing properties that improves the overall texture and skin tone of the face, it makes up 92% of this product. Source

Centella Asiatica Extract : Extracted from the Centella asiatica herb, this ingredient is  traditionally used to treat damaged skin, which is proven to speed the process of healing damaged skin and to fade scars. Since the herb is antibacterial and contains wound-healing properties, it is perfect for those who are suffering from acne and/or acne scars.
___________________________
Scent: 
Not much of a scent to this. Not overpowering and not bothersome.
___________________________
pH Level : 6
___________________________
Thoughts :
I love this moisturizer. Yes, it may not be too moisturizing but for my oily skin it is perfect. It feels like nothing is left on the skin, it’s amazing. Everything I put on my skin (especially creams) seem to clog my pores to an extent, but not this. It just sinks right in. It leaves my skin feeling so refreshed. I’ve tried many moisturizer textures, from gels to butters, and this is the best of both worlds for my skin. When I wake up, my skin isn’t oily and it looks bright. This seemed to even out my skin tone a tiny bit as well. 

If you are on something drying like retinol, this probably is not going to be your go-to moisturizer. You’d need a heavier one for that--possibly Benton Steam Cream. I’m currently using CosRX’s AHA power liquid under this, and they seem to work well together. Love love love this moisturizer. It’s a good moisturizer for me that seems to provide some benefits. That being said, I still think this is a little pricey. I am on a college student budget so I’m not sure if this is worth the $32.00. Plus, I like to apply a pretty thick layer of this on. I’d wait for a sale or a coupon....Ha ha. There are also other options like Jolse, and RoseRoseShop, which sell the product for a lesser price.
___________________________
ProsCons
- lightweight - poor ingredient list
- leaves cool-feeling on skin- not that moisturizing
Overall Score
Application                      8
Ingredients                       5
7.4
Scent                              10
Packaging                         6
Effectiveness                   8
Where to buy?
ShopPriceLocation
Amazon$14.07Amazon Prime
RoseRoseShop$16.02Korea
Jolse$18.98Korea
___________________________
Repurchase : Not sure
Complete My Seoul

                      


back to top