[MISS] Skincare Products May 2015

No Comments

Instead of doing product reviews, this post is about hits and misses for skincare products! From time to time, I will be doing a 'miss' post which is about how the product failed to live up to my expectations and failed to help my skin in any sort of way which is why did not receive a full review. This does not mean that every product that I don't like won't get a full review, I'm just selecting a few that I believe don't deserve a full review due to its many flaws.

For every 'miss' post, I will list three products.

Mizon's Watervolume Aqua Gel Cream :
To be honest, I didn't even order this product. I ordered the Mizon's 'Good Night White Sleeping Mask' on RoseRoseShop but they sent me this product instead. I already messaged them about this and they refunded me and apologized for the inconvenience. The only thing that was interesting about it in my opinion is the packaging and the color of the cream.

Ingredients : 
Water, Cyclomethicone, Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polysorbate 20, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Bis-Peg-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Xantham Gum, Lecithin, Ursolic Acid, Atelocollagen, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Harnamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Leaf Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Glacier Water, Sea Water, Betula Platyphylla Japonica Juice, Hydrolized Corallina Officinalis Extract, Honey Extract, Biosccharide Gum-1, Sodium PCA, Betain, Sorbitol, Glycine, Alanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Arginine, Lysine, Glutamic Acid, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Broussonetia Extract, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Tropolone, Ci 19140, Ci 42090, Fragrance

- The formulation has two main acne triggers, butylene glycol and olea europae fruit oil. According to the CosDNA analysis, butylene glycol scored a 1 as a potential acne trigger and olea europaea fruit oil, an emollient, scored a 2 for acne trigger and 2 as an irritant. Being comedogenic, they can possibly break out users who try it out. If you do want to try it, I suggest you to buy a sample beforehand. Also in the formulation contains niacinamide,  is a which topical skin care ingredient used to fade hyper pigmentation and brighten the overall skin tone.
Thoughts :  In all honesty, this product is useless. When I put it on my skin, it evaporates within seconds (literally). It's so light and thin that not a lot of people would benefit from its 'moisture' it is supposed to give. I am speaking as a person with very oily skin. This product is the product that evaporated the fastest ever for me. After I finished my skin care routine, I put this on and I can feel it drying away. The product advertises itself has 'water volume aqua gel cream', which I can see. It evaporates as fast as water off the skin (or much faster). If you plan to use this as a sleeping mask, I already tried. It feels like putting a thin layer of water over my already moisturized face.

The texture of this also made me understand its 'water' image. It's very, very spreadable (like very, very thin gel....or solid-ish water). You just need a little to cover your whole face, which still won't benefit your skin at all. I'm saying this in a way that it won't benefit anyone at all. I would usually say not everyone since everyone's skin is different, but this product is terrible in terms as a moisturizer. You can use it before or after a moisturizer for its niacinamide benefits, which is likely to be a low concentration for you to benefit from.

pH Level : pH 5
______________________________________________________

Skinood's Egg White Pore Foam

Ingredients :
Water, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Lauric Acid, Cocamidopropyl, Betaine, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Albumen Extract, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Trehalose Sodium PCA, Betaine, Sorbitol, Glycine,  Alanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Arginine, Lysine, Glutamic Acid, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Beta-Sitosterol, Tocopherol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Glycine, Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Butylene Glycol, Enanti Chorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid, Alcohol, Hydrogynated Lecithin, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate,DimethiconePropylene Glycol, Parfum

- According to COSDNA, the formulation has seven possible acne triggers, which is already bad news for anyone who wants to improve their skin. Myristic acid is the second highest concentration on the formulation, which is a comedogenic ingredient which can cause the development of new pimples on the skin even if you do not break out easily. After seeing how comedogenic this product is I don't advise anyone who wants to minimize their pores to definitely avoid this.

Thoughts : I bought this cleanser due to the many Youtubers who claimed it has minimized their pores, thus helped prevent breakouts. Skinfood was a new brand to me which was said to base their product on natural products, which made me believe this brand was very reliable. This cleansing foam is just another cleanser with an extreme high pH which will not help with acne at all.  I broke out of this product (obviously) and my pores weren't smaller at all. The only thing I like from this product is the packaging, but nothing else. By the scent of this you can already tell it has a high pH and wouldn't be beneficial at all. 

Another thing I should mention is that this cleanser made my face extremely white after I washed it off, which would give the impression it washed off all the dirt and impurities off the face. Lies. Don't buy it.

pH Level : pH 9.5
______________________________________________________

Kracie Naive Green Tea Facial Cleansing Foam

Ingredients :
Water, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, PEG-32, PEG-6, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamide Methyl MEA, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Sodium Phosphate, Fragrance, Tetrasodium EDTA, Kaolin, Butylene Glycol, Glycosyl Trehalose, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Acetyl Glucosamine, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract

- According to COSDNA, this product has four comedogenic ingredients which can trigger acne. As with the Skinfood's Egg White Pore Foam, myristic acid is the second highest concentration of the formulation. It is very likely that myristic acid will cause new pimples on skin even if you do not break out very easily. It is best to avoid product with this ingredient as well as the other acne triggering ingredients in the formulation.

Thoughts : I bought this product because I seen reviews that swore to this product that it cleared up their acne. As soon as I read those reviews I bought it the next day. Of course, this product did not help me at all. With its comedogenic ingredients as well as its high pH level, it wouldn't possibly help anyone with acne solely with it. The only reason other users of this product could have their acne cleared up is if the rest of the routine contained strong ingredients which would prevent their acne, or also that their acne wasn't even bad at all.

I purchased this cleanser at a local H-Mart for $12, which is a affordable because this product is big. I bought the green tea out of the all 'flavors' was because I also hoped it would reduce my redness from acne. Its scent could possibly be similar to green tea, but you can easily tell by its scent that it is too alkaline. I still have a lot of product left and its sad to see that its totally useless for me.

pH Level : pH 10
______________________________________________________

Have any questions? Comments? Post them below!

Complete My Seoul

                      


back to top