[REVIEW] HADALABO GOKUJYUN HYALURONIC ACID MILK

No Comments
Review of Hada Labo Gokujyun Hyaluronic Acid Milk

"Infuse your skin with moisture while locking in the hydrating power of HADA LABO Goku-jyun Clear Lotion. HADA LABO Goku-jyun Milk provides deep, nourishing hydration and skin-smoothing conditioners for your face and neck. Its light texture is perfect for your daily routine. For even deeper moisturizing, use HADA LABO Goku-jyun Serum before applying HADA LABO Goku-jyun Milk, or follow it with HADA LABO Goku-jyun Cream. Wait until the product is fully absorbed, then continue with your daily beauty routine."    - HADA LABO

The first Hada Labo product that I will be reviewing is the Hada Labo Gokujyun Hyaluronic Acid Milk. I have used another Hada Labo product before, a 'lotion' version of this product, which gave me terrible cysts for a while until I figured out that this was the cause. While surfing Youtube channels, a lot of videos recommended using this product because it was 'highly moisturizing', 'fragrance-free', and 'alcohol-free'. I remember watching videos recommending this moisturizer, saying that one bottle of this sells every few seconds or so. This meant I just had to get it.

After using this product for years, I'll finally be writing a review of my experience with it.

___________________________
Duration of use :
+ 2 years
___________________________
Directions :
"Squeeze a dime-size amount into your hands and gently massage onto your face and neck until thoroughly absorbed. Use twice daily after applying HADA LABO Goku-jyun Clear Lotion to lock in moisture."
___________________________
Application :

It has a texture similar to shampoo, but a little lighter. I can see why the brand uses the word 'milk' in its name since it is pretty lightweight and runny. The texture of this product isn't heavy, but it  has a noticeably sticky residue right after applying. For me, the stickiness goes away after a while.
___________________________
Ingredients :
Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Poly (C6-12 Olefin), Dipropylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PPG-10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Behenyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Methylparaben, PEG-20 Sorbitan Isostearate, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Propylparaben, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Stearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine

CosDNA analysis


Glycerin : A type of humectant that is present in all natural lipids, this common ingredient is used to moisturize the skin.


Carbomer : often used to stabilize the consistency and create a gel-like texture.


Hyaluronic Acid : Known for its hydrating and anti-aging abilities, it is commonly found in moisturizers to prevent moisture loss and reduce inflammation in the skin.


Stearyl Alcohol : A fatty alcohol, stearyl alcohol helps keep ingredients intact in the formulation of the product. It is a comedogenic ingredient that could lead to breakouts of the skin and be an irritant.

Triethanolamine : commonly used as a pH balancer in cosmetic products
___________________________
Scent :
I can't detect a scent from this moisturizer.
___________________________
pH Level : 5.5
___________________________
Moisture Test :
 Before application :
29.0%
After application:
49.0%
___________________________
Thoughts :

Why did I continue to use the moisturizer for years? Well...its formula contains low irritants, no colorants added, no fragrances added, and the product is pH balanced: all great things to look in for a moisturizer. It has never broken me out, unlike most other moisturizers that I have used. It is lightweight, which is great for my oily, acne prone skin. Even though it may leave a sticky residue after a while, it does not leave my face shiny or greasy.


I have read other reviews about this product, with bloggers stating that the only downside was that the moisturizer was sticky for them. In my experience, a few minutes after applying this product to my skin, I can agree that it does leave your face sticky, but not greasy. After those minutes pass by, the stickiness goes away as well. The problem with those bloggers may be facing is that they may be using too much of the product than they should. My skin was able to absorb it pretty well, leaving it feeling hydrated. I apply this right after my essence, and I find them to be very moisturizing together.


I don't use 'Rohto Hadalabo Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Lotion' anymore since it gave me problems with my skin, which I never realized after months of using it. I figured that since the 'lotion' and 'milk’ were similar they would have similar ingredients.
I would honestly repurchase this product over and over since I feel it's texture is perfect for those with oily skin (though I found bloggers with dry skin being able to use this as well). I love that the cap of the bottle has a nozzle which can be closed tightly leaving the content inside hygienic. I bought this product from a Mitsuwa market, which cost me about $16. However you can buy it for about $23 on Amazon.
ProsCons
- Hygienic packaging- may leave sticky residue for some users
- No fragrance, colorants, alcohol, etc
- pH balanced
- Moisturizing without being greasy
Overall Score
Application 8
Ingredients 9
9.2
Scent 10
Packaging 10
Effectiveness 9
Where to buy?
ShopPriceLocation
Amazon$11.92Japan
Mitsuwa Marketplaceprice may varyUSA
___________
________________
Repurchase : Yes


Complete My Seoul

                      

back to top