[HAUL] THE FACE SHOPS REAL NATURE MASK + [REVIEW] BLUEBERRY REAL NATURE MASK

No Comments



So yesterday, I went to 'The Face Shop' to pick up their 'Real Nature Mask(s)'. They were having a '12 for $20' sale, which was an okay sale since the masks were $2 each.

The following masks I bought (there are 12 masks total) :
  • Acai Berry (1)
  • Kelp (2)
  • Blueberry (2)
  • Avocado (1)
  • Green Tea (1)
  • Pomegranate (1)
  • Olive (1)
  • Aloe (1)
  • Shea Butter (1)
  • Cucumber (1)

___________________________

Review of 'The Face Shop's' Blueberry Face Sheet :


 photo 316172A7-D56D-46D0-A344-625AED8809A5_zpsjtr51qsw.jpgThis mask cost $2 like stated above. I chose this one just because the packaging was blue which made it more unique from all the face sheets with green packaging.

The description on the packaging states : 
"A highly nourishing mask sheet containing blueberry extract to help regain skin softness and youthful impression.

The air pockets within the sheet contain a handful of nutritional essence, providing natural moisture and nourishment to the skin."

Blueberries are known to have antioxidants in assisting to neutralize free radicals that would otherwise damage skin cells. They contain many vitamins and nutrients that can be beneficial to your skin whether you suffer from acne, splotchy skin, broken capillaries, dryness, the vitamins from the blueberries can help
Made in Korea

 photo 7F758B70-9C37-4BF1-ACBB-D61E033E85DE_zps7grgncww.jpg

Directions : 
"1. Wash face and apply toner
2. Pull out the mask and carefully place it on the face.
3. Remove after 10~12 minutes and tap lightly to absorb the remaining essence into the skin."
___________________________

Ingredients : 
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Vaccinum Angustrifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract), Alcohol Denat., Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xanthan Gum, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phaseolus Radiatus Extract, Betula Platyphylla Japonica Bark Extract, Rumex Crispus Root Extract, Carbomer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Fragrance

- Even though fragrance was listed last on the ingredients, I could still smell it easily. I wouldn't say it was heavily perfumed, but it just didn't smell very pleasant.


___________________________

Scent and Consistency :

            The scent of this mask is like a flower soaked in alcohol, no other way to describe it. It doesn't smell like blueberries (but I haven't really smelled blueberries much). You can smell the alcohol in the product, but once you put it on, the scent is faint or is gone. 
            The consistency of this mask is kind of thick compared to the serum from the 'My Beauty Diary' brand. When I put on the mask, I noticed how much of the serum was still left over in the package. I was able to rub the leftover on my neck, arms, and legs (that's a lot). I can feel the mask is very soaked in the essence and isn't very light compared to other masks. It is probably good for dry skin, but maybe not oily skin like me.

pH Level :


pH : 4.5 ~ 5
___________________________

Moisture Test :

Before application :

After application :

Jumped from 30.2% to 51.8% (which isn't a lot for me).

___________________________

Thoughts :
             When I put on the mask, it did not really fit my face like any other face sheets. Especially, the mouth part of the mask was really small. I didn't like how soaked the mask felt when I put it on my skin. I prefer something lighter for like daily use.

              I put on the mask after I did a face mask from Lush in order to ready my face for the face sheet. After washing the Lush mask off, the moisture level of my face was 30.2%, which is the usual for me after washing my face. After I used the face sheet, my skin was at 51.8% moisture, which isn't that high for me. Even though my face felt heavy from the serum afterwards, my skin wasn't as moisturized as I believed. I could buy other face sheets that wouldn't be as heavy, but would give me a higher level of moisture than this mask *cough* My Beauty Diary *cough*. I followed up with a hydrating toner and moisturizer to attempt to bring up my moisture level.

             As I pulled off the mask from my face, I expected my face to be a bit brighter or glow. But this mask didn't do this for me, in fact it made my face a little red even though I didn't feel any irritation as I wore it. 

            In my morning when I looked at my face, my complexion did get a bit more even. My face did feel 'moisturized' from the mask, though. I was also greeted with 3 pimples, and the only reason I would've got these is from the face sheet which was the only thing I changed from my routine. I haven't broken out for almost one month and this mask ruined my record. I looked at 'The Face Shop' receipt to see their rules for returned items. It states that face sheets are a final sale, meaning, no returns! If you are wanting to try these masks from them, I suggest you to buy one and test it (I'm crying). I really hope the other masks are better than this one for me.

- Also, the reason I didn't take before and after pictures is because I don't expect any extraordinary visual results. My skin felt moisturized (but not really), but I can't capture that besides the moisture test.
___________________________

Rate : 

1/5
___________________________

Repurchase? : No, I could find other masks that are $1 that would be more beneficial than this.

*UPDATE*


After breaking out from this face mask, I've been breaking out in more and more white heads and cysts. I am to terrified to use this whole face sheet line ever again. This was the only thing I used differently in my routine, and it will never be used again by me. I wasted $21 on buying 12 face sheets and I can't return them because their policy doesn't allow returns on face sheets. Don't do it.

Complete My Seoul

                      


back to top