[REVIEW] Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream

No Comments

Review of Benton's Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream

"...is for all skin types of skin including sensitive and troubled skin types. Instead of water, snail secretion filtrate was used. This high content steam cream uses bee venom, EGF, Hyaluronic acid, and various botanical based natural ingredients, made from steam method, to help improve your rough, dried and damaged skin from various stresses and pollution. In addition to the skin-soothing, cooling effect, moisturizing and skin-lifting improvement, this all-in-one functional multi-care cosmetic has functional ingredients such as Niacinamide and Adenosine which helps whitening your skin and remove wrinkles." - Benton


This is the first Benton product I have ever used so when I first got it, I hoped to achieve the results it gave so many other people. I chose to get Benton's steam cream because it is a popular product and I heard that it is very moisturizing. Most of you may not know, but I started Accutane ever since my I started living in Korea, due to the fact that my skin was getting worse and worse each day. Fast forward a few weeks, I notice my skin clearing up and getting better, but it also means that my skin is getting dried out from the powerful medication and cold winter. I was using light moisturizers before such as Hada Labo's Milky Lotion and CosRX's Snail Cream as my main moisturizers, but that had to change.

The product is said to be good for those with sensitive, troubled, tired, and dry skin. Besides the highly moisturizing effects it gives, it also has whitening and anti-aging benefits for those who are interested.
___________________________
Caution :
1. If you are experiencing any problem from the list below please stop using the product immediately or else you may risk further damage to your skin and you may need to consult with a dermatologist.
                A. Sign of erythema, tumefaction, urtication, irritation
                B. In case above symptoms arise when exposed to direct sunlight
2. Do not apply on the skin with wounds, eczema, or dermatitis.
3. Precautions on storage and handling
                A. Close the cap after use
                B. Store where it is out of infants and children's reach
                C. Avoid storage in high or low temperature and areas exposed to direct sunlight
4. A sign of papule and light pruitus has been reported during clinical trial of medicine. (Arbutin 2%)
___________________________
Directions :
"During the cream stage of basic skin care, spread the cream on your skin and let it sip by lightly tapping your face. Don't use too much. Start spreading in a small amount, and add more if you think it is necessary."
___________________________
Duration of Use :
August 25th, 2015 - December 25th, 2015
___________________________
Application : 
The first time I used it, I was surprised how little of the cream I actually needed since it was very thick and easy to spread over the face. After applying this, I think that the moisturizer could be classified as 'heavy' due to its thick texture, which meant it was very moisturizing for me. The great part was that it didn't make my face greasy after hours of wearing it.
___________________________
Ingredients :
Snail Secretion Filtrate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Niacinamide, Stearic Acid, Behenyl Alcohol, Phytosqualene, Human Ogliopeptide-1, Bee Venom, Arbutin, Adenosine, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernal Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Arginine, Carbomer, Urea, Tocopher Leaf Extract, Salix Alba (Willow Bark) Extract, Ulmus Campestris (Elm) Extract, Pentylene Glycol, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pilsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract

Analysis of ingredients can be found here.


Snail secretion filtrate - Snail secretion filtrate is known for its anti-aging and skin repairing properties that improves the overall texture and skin tone of the face. For me, it has helped me reduce my acne scars, redness, and skin inflammation. It was especially effective for me after I had lasers done on my face, which made my face very red, and overnight 75% of the inflammation was gone! This may be partly due to the snail essence that I also incorporate into my routine as well. This cream contains 64% snail secretion. Source


Nicainamide - A vitamin B3 ingredient which has been proven to help improve the appearance of aging skin by reducing the appearance of hyperpigmentation, redness, wrinkles, and improving overall skin texture. Source


Bee Venom - A cosmetic ingredient which provides anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, and anti-bacterial benefits to the skin. A popular conception of how bee venom functions is that its peptides in the ingredient 'damages' your skin in order to trick it to into thinking wounds were created so that the collagen production can promote healing, similar to the functions of dermarolling. Source

Arbutin - A proven safe skin lightening agent available for the treatment of hyperpigmentation. Source
___________________________
Scent : I can't detect a scent while using this cream. Unscented!
___________________________
pH Level : 5.5
___________________________
Thoughts :

After a month of using this steam cream, I can say it has made it into my official skincare routine. I really like how much it moisturizes, yet it does not make my face feel or look greasy at all. Minutes after applying this cream to my face, it left a matte look to my skin. After going through laser procedures on my skin, it saved me from all redness and inflammation in just one night, which may be due to the snail secretion and lightening agents such as the arbutin and niacinamide. I really do recommend those who are suffering from redness and inflammation to give this product a try!
When I read that this product claims to be able to 'whiten' the skin, I already knew it wouldn’t. The words 'whiten' preferably means to lighten the skin from redness and inflammation as stated above. If you are looking to use this cream to whiten your skin, I would look elsewhere or add in another product into your routine with this cream. Another claim this product makes is that it’s 'anti-aging', which I can't say if I've seen any results since I am still young with no wrinkles. Looking at the ingredients, I can see that it could possibly fulfill that claim.

This moisturizer is my favorite already, and has turned holy grail status. For more moisturizing benefits, I typically add sleeping pack to this. Even after adding on another moisturizing product after the steam cream, my skin still does not have that greasy feel I would usually get from other products. I love it!
___________________________
ProsCons
- Very moisturizing- May be to heavy for those with oily skin
- Heavy but non-greasy- Questionable brightening effects
- Easy to spread
- Hygenic packaging
- Effective ingredients used
Overall Score
Application 10
Ingredients 8
9.4
Scent 10
Packaging 10
Effectiveness 9
ShopPriceLocation
Amazon$11.43USA
Jolse$18.57Korea
___________________________
Repurchase : Yes

                      


back to top